AR Removals is one of the leading removal specialists in the Wakefield area, helping homeowners move properties for years. Over this time we have started to gauge an understanding as to the removal process for homeowners, with the majority of people looking to move home on Friday due to being close to the weekend- but is this the best day to move?
According to research, removal day popularity is as follows:
- Monday: 17.18%
- Tuesday: 13.19%
- Wednesday: 13.16%
- Thursday: 13.62%
- Friday: 41.57%
- Saturday: 0.52%
- Sunday: 0.31%
So why should you avoid moving on a Friday?
- Due to the massive popularity of moving on a Friday, bank money transfer systems can be overloaded, particularly on the last Friday of the month (payday for a lot of people). To move you need these transfers to take place to avoid you being homeless for a couple of days
- If you find that something is wrong when you have moved into your new home, it can be a disadvantage arriving on a Friday as you have to wait longer to speak to your solicitor
- According to the insurance company QBE, hackers have stolen more than £85m from law firms in the past 18 months on a Friday- the most popular day that clients move money from solicitors
- If you need to call a tradesperson out to sort out a problem with your new home, it can be challenging to do on a Friday
- Removal companies such as us at AR Removals are much busier on a Friday, so availability is much more limited. That is why it is always best to get your date pre-booked as soon as possible.
In reality, there is no need to move on a Friday- you may think you will have the full weekend to unpack, but we all know it will take a lot longer than a couple of days- so does it make that much of a difference?
If you are moving home in the Wakefield area and you need a reliable removal company then try us at AR Removals. Give us a call for a free, no-obligation quote on 01924 371164 for further information.